I’m Ros de Vries, an avid sailor and community firebrand. I’ve served 5+ years with the American Red Cross, as a Blood Transportation Specialist and Disaster Responder. In 2021, I was awarded the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
In the marketing industry, I’m known as Ros Hodgekiss, the Customer Experience Programs Manager at Campaign Monitor. As a 15-year veteran of the email marketing industry and with 100’s of articles on email marketing, design and code, I rank as a “Top Email Marketing Thought Leader” by Litmus.
I am the Publications Chair at Island Yacht Club, where I relaunched the IYC website and helped produce the first virtual IYC Northern California Women’s Sailing Seminar in 2020. Island Yacht Club runs racing and social events all year around, both from Alameda Marina and online.
In the last few years, I’ve progressed from crewing in Bay and offshore races, to owning and racing my own boat – a Santa Cruz 27, Medusa (#145). My personal vision is to make sailing accessible to others, through being a good role model for sailors from non-traditional backgrounds, building community and removing barriers to getting out on the water. Much of my creative work – including articles and photography for Latitude 38 magazine – is focused on everyday people finding happiness through sailing, even throughout the pandemic. You can follow my updates on the San Francisco Bay sailing and racing scene via instagram.com/yarrcat.
My professional specialist areas and achievements include:
- Customer Experience (CX) – I launched and deployed a global CX team, to drive retention and growth for high-value, self-service customers at Campaign Monitor. Some of our key activities include: outreach to at-risk customers, events & webinars and collaboration with Product, Marketing, Support and Customer Success.
- Project management and leadership – I launched Campaign Monitor’s customer support portal and knowledge base. In FY18, we dramatically reduced IRT and case resolution times, while ensuring more customers could find answers online, vs. via a support agent.
- Digital marketing – As an early-stage employee, I helped grow Campaign Monitor to 40k+ paying customers, through social media & community management, plus the development of guides and resources. Here’s a summary of my work.
Ros has excelled in every task we’ve worked on together and has crushed every goal I’ve thrown her way. She’s not only been on time, on task, and on budget, but her delivery always comes with creativity, character, and a faultless attention to detail.Benton Cummings, M&A Integrations Strategy, CM Group
I love to talk! My favorite topics are:
- Sailing – Drop the hook, I’m listening!
- Writing – I share personal sailing stories on Medium.
- Travel – I’ve been to 30+ countries and have lived in both Australia and the Philippines. I speak Spanish and English (obviously).
- The outdoors – Including non-trivial cycling, skiing and hiking.
- Food – After living in great abundance, I am now pescatarian.
- Things that make you happy.
Interested? Please get in touch.